First created module runs under DEV but not in "real" Web

Oct 28, 2009 at 2:38 PM
Edited Oct 28, 2009 at 5:45 PM

Hi There.

I followed your YouTube Video and created my first small piece and it works fine in my Dev-WebSite running under VisualWebDeveloper.

I went to HOST-Module-Create Package and created a zip-file.

When I upload this zipfile in my test-enviroment (plain vanilla, blank DNN 5.1.4) it will be installed without any errors and the table is in the DB.

But when I want to place the module on a page I receive following error.

Error: LinkCollector is currently unavailable.
DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.ModuleLoadException: D:\TestPortal\DesktopModules\JoussenOnline.LinkCollector\LinkCollector_View.ascx.vb(31): error BC30002: Der Typ "LinkCollector_Controller" ist nicht definiert. ---> System.Web.HttpCompileException: D:\TestPortal\DesktopModules\JoussenOnline.LinkCollector\LinkCollector_View.ascx.vb(31): error BC30002: Der Typ "LinkCollector_Controller" ist nicht definiert. at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CompileWebFile(VirtualPath virtualPath) at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultInternal(VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile) at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultWithNoAssert(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile) at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResult(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile) at System.Web.UI.TemplateControl.LoadControl(VirtualPath virtualPath) at System.Web.UI.TemplateControl.LoadControl(String virtualPath) at DotNetNuke.UI.ControlUtilities.LoadControl[T](TemplateControl containerControl, String ControlSrc) at DotNetNuke.UI.Modules.ModuleHost.LoadModuleControl() --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

My Problem is, that I haven’t changed a single char in the source code and don’t know what this could be.
The only thing I saw is, that all the files in AppCode\MyModule (in the Development-Website-Folder for VWD) are not included in the zip file, allthough they are referenced in the dnn-manifest.
So, could it be that the CREATE PACKAGE Function is doing something wrong or is it me?

Many thanks in advance

I can send you the generated zipfile if needed or wanted.

Kai

Coordinator
Oct 29, 2009 at 10:17 AM

That would also be my guess - sometimes create package doesn't include all you need. Your controller class is definitely in that folder, so adding the files from within your App_Code/LinkCollector folder to the root of the .zip should fix the problem. If that doesn't work, send me the code (patrick at driscollart dot com) and I'll take a look.

Good luck,

Patrick

Oct 29, 2009 at 10:21 AM

Hi Patrick.

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, adding these files tot he zip fixes the problem when trying to use the module in a real enviromen.

I also created a thread in the dnn-forum, as i guess it is a problem in 5.1.4.

Thanks and cheers

Kai

Von: driscollart [mailto:notifications@codeplex.com]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 29. Oktober 2009 11:18
An: kai@kaijoussen.de
Betreff: Re: First created module runs under DEV but not in "real" Web [DNNBuilda:73359]

That would also be my guess - sometimes create package doesn't include all you need. Your controller class is definitely in that folder, so adding the files from within your App_Code/LinkCollector folder to the root of the .zip should fix the problem. If that doesn't work, send me the code (patrick at driscollart dot com) and I'll take a look.

Good luck,

Patrick

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (DNNBuilda@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email DNNBuilda@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Oct 29, 2009 at 10:25 AM

Hi Patrick.

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, adding these files tot he zip fixes the problem when trying to use the module in a real enviromen.

I also created a thread in the dnn-forum, as i guess it is a problem in 5.1.4.

Thanks and cheers