DNNBuilda Connection Strings

Jan 4, 2010 at 12:48 AM

I can not get the connection to work. 

What I use

Title:Test
Databases: MS-SQL Server (only one in the list)
Connection String: 

<font size="2" color="#0000ff"><font size="2" color="#0000ff">

Data Source=.\SQLExpress;AttachDbFilename=|DataDirectory|dnndev.mdf;Integrated Security=True;User Instance=True

</font></font><font size="2" color="#0000ff">

</font>

" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"

Error
Format of the initialization string does not conform to specification starting at index 93.

OR
Provider=SQLOLEDB;Data Source=.\SQLExpress;Initial Catalog=dnndev.mdf;Integrated Security=True

error
No error message available, result code: DB_E_ERRORSOCCURRED(0x80040E21).

OR

Connection String

Data Source=.\SQLExpress;Initial Catalog= C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\dnn\App_Data\dnndev.mdf;User id=NS3/BILL;Password=******; Provider=SQLOLEDB

Login failed for user 'NS3/BILL'.

Using windows atthenticatinon and use the same  password that I use to sign into the PC.

System
Windows XP, SP3
SQL Server 2008 Express

Any suggestions would be helpfull.

Thanks

Bill 

Jan 7, 2010 at 12:44 AM

For the PC app I use

Data Source=.\SQLExpress;AttachDbFilename=C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\dnn\App_Data\dnndev.mdf;Integrated Security=True;User Instance=True

and it works fine.

When I use it for the web app it gives  me the error

An OLE DB Provider was not specified in the ConnectionString. An example would be, 'Provider=SQLOLEDB;'.

if I use

Data Source=.\SQLExpress;AttachDbFilename=C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\dnn\App_Data\dnndev.mdf;Integrated Security=True;User Instance=True;Provider=SQLOLEDB

I get error

No error message available, result code: DB_E_ERRORSOCCURRED(0x80040E21).

Coordinator
Jan 8, 2010 at 10:28 AM

I've only ever used DNNBuilda with SQL Express Management Studio. Just attach the .MDF file as a database on your local machine, create a DBO-level login for it, and then use DNNBuilda to generate your entities. I wish I had a quicker workaround, sorry.

Patrick